The North Island 1,600km
Next event: 6-8 October 2017
- Central North Island start & finish at Turangi Kiwi Holiday Park
- At least 1,600km to be completed in less than 24 hours
- Certificate, badge and patch awarded on completion
- Bikes scrutineered before the start
- We ride in all weather!
- We ride on sealed roads, apart from patches of roadworks
- Riders only - no pillions
- Event registration closing date: Wednesday 13 September 2017
- This event will start and finish at the Turangi Kiwi Holiday Park.
- Registration fee for the event is $80.00.
- Register for our newsletter and we'll keep you updated about this event.
- Accommodation is available at the Holiday Park and outlined on the registration form. The "weekend rate" is for Friday through Sunday nights -- gear can be left in cabins on the Saturday night.
- Full-cooked breakfasts are available at the Event HQ at the Turangi Kiwi Holiday Camp for $10.00 each. Order and pay for these with your event registration.
- An after-ride meal will be available for returning riders on Sunday. For safety reasons we encourage riders to partake of this before they do anything else -- particularly local riders who may wish to head home. The price of this meal is included in the entry fee.
- Two versions of the Entry Form follow -- an online form and one that can be printed and mailed, or scanned and emailed
- Please circle the options you want on the Entry Form, total the amount and make payment for that please.
- Payment details are outlined on the Entry Form.
- If you have any questions about arrangements for the North Island 1,600, please contact us
Downloadable 2017 NI 1600 Entry Form
Download, complete, mail, or scan and email the following North Island 1,600 entry form.
Event registration fees
- The registration fee for this event is $80.00
- Payment can be made electronically to the account outlined on the registration form or by cheque
- If paying by cheque, please do so one week before the closing date to allow for cheque clearance processing
- Other costs relating to accommodation and meals at the Turangi Motor Camp are outlined on the registration form
- The closing date for registrations and event fee payments is Friday 22 September 2017. No refunds will be made after this date, as the Organisers will have made commitments to event running costs.
- Entries are non-transferable. Entry form details must match each participating rider and their bike.
- Entries are not valid until full payment has been made and accepted by the Organisers.
- No registration fee paid, no ride.
- Please read fully all of the information on the Rules & Requirements page. By registering for this event, you are accepting these.
Iron Butt Association requirements
Although the New Zealand Distance Riders are not affiliated with the Iron Butt Association and our event routes aren’t specifically designed to comply with the IBA's requirements, if participants wish to liaise with the IBA to have their NI1600 ride lodged and recognised, the Organisers can offer the route in an IBA format and will be happy to verify a participant's application. This may require the addition of extra photo stops or the use of a GPS Track Log to prove the full distance was ridden.