The North Island 1,600km
Update: 31st August 2020:
Entries are now closed, thank you.
Entries are now closed, thank you.
Next event: #7 -- 3-4 October 2020
- Central North Island start & finish at Turangi Kiwi Holiday Park
- At least 1,600km to be completed in less than 24 hours
- Route revealed at 7:00pm on Friday 2 October 2020
- Certificate, badge and patch awarded on completion
- Event T-shirts can be bought for $25.00
- Bikes scrutineered before the start
- We ride in all weather!
- We ride on sealed roads, apart from patches of roadworks
- Riders only - no pillions
- Registered 1,600 riders have an option of getting a "Double Badger" award if they register for and complete the route for the 2020 North Island 800 in the following 12 months (an extra $20 will apply).
- Event registration closing date: Monday 31 August 2020
- This event will start and finish at the Turangi Kiwi Holiday Park.
- Registration fee for the event is $90.00 (+$20 for Double Badgers).
- Register for our newsletter and we'll keep you updated about this event.
- Accommodation is available at the Holiday Park and outlined on the registration form. The "weekend rate" is for Friday through Sunday nights -- gear can be left in cabins on the Saturday night.
- Full-cooked breakfasts are available at the Event HQ at the Turangi Kiwi Holiday Camp for $15.00 each. Order and pay for these with your event registration.
- An after-ride meal will be available for returning riders on Sunday. For safety reasons we encourage riders to partake of this before they do anything else -- particularly local riders who may wish to head home. The price of this meal is included in the entry fee.
- Two versions of the Entry Form follow -- an online form and one that can be printed and mailed, or scanned and emailed
- Please circle the options you want on the Entry Form, total the amount and make payment for that please.
- Payment details are outlined on the Entry Form.
- If you have any questions about arrangements for the North Island 1,600, please contact us
Downloadable 2020 NI 1600 Entry Form
Download, complete, mail, or scan and email the following North Island 1,600 entry form.
- Please read fully all of the information on the Rules & Requirements page. By registering for this event, you are accepting these.
Iron Butt Association requirements
Within our organising group and riders, we have a number of keen IBA members and we've recently gained the ability to work directly with the IBA - over verification of NZ rides. For a number of years now, the IBA has recognised the NZDR NI1600 event as a regular 1600km ride, organised and planned to be a compliant ride. Work is now done each year ahead of time to ensure that any finishers of the NZDR NI1600 ride, through the checks which are run throughout our event, can gain fast-tracked verification and certification through the IBA too (a separate process and additional fees apply). If you state your interest in this within the form above, then you'll be contacted separately for some discussion over the additional requirements. These may require the addition of extra photo stops or the use of an online GPS Track Log (SpotWalla.com) to prove the full distance was ridden. - This is worth some coordination before the event, and so please do tick the box above when completing your entry form, it will help us to get in touch with you about this.
T Shirts are available in a Lady's fit as well as Men's. We use a Biz-Collection ICE-TEE option T-shirt each year, these are very durable, long lasting T-Shirts.