The North Island 1,600km
Next event: #7 -- 3-4 October 2020
- Central North Island start & finish at Turangi Kiwi Holiday Park
- At least 1,600km to be completed in less than 24 hours
- Route revealed at 7:00pm on Friday 2 October 2020
- Certificate, badge and patch awarded on completion
- Event T-shirts can be bought for $25.00
- Bikes scrutineered before the start
- We ride in all weather!
- We ride on sealed roads, apart from patches of roadworks
- Riders only - no pillions
- Registered 1,600 riders have an option of getting a "Double Badger" award if they register for and complete the route for the 2020 North Island 800 in the following 12 months.
- Event registration closing date: Wednesday 9 September 2020
- This event will start and finish at the Turangi Kiwi Holiday Park.
- Registration fee for the event is $90.00.
- Register for our newsletter and we'll keep you updated about this event.
- Accommodation is available at the Holiday Park and outlined on the registration form. The "weekend rate" is for Friday through Sunday nights -- gear can be left in cabins on the Saturday night.
- Full-cooked breakfasts are available at the Event HQ at the Turangi Kiwi Holiday Camp for $15.00 each. Order and pay for these with your event registration.
- An after-ride meal will be available for returning riders on Sunday. For safety reasons we encourage riders to partake of this before they do anything else -- particularly local riders who may wish to head home. The price of this meal is included in the entry fee.
- Two versions of the Entry Form follow -- an online form and one that can be printed and mailed, or scanned and emailed
- Please circle the options you want on the Entry Form, total the amount and make payment for that please.
- Payment details are outlined on the Entry Form.
- If you have any questions about arrangements for the North Island 1,600, please contact us
Downloadable 2020 NI 1600 Entry Form
Download, complete, mail, or scan and email the following North Island 1,600 entry form.
- Please read fully all of the information on the Rules & Requirements page. By registering for this event, you are accepting these.
Iron Butt Association requirements
Although the New Zealand Distance Riders are not affiliated with the Iron Butt Association and our event routes aren’t specifically designed to comply with the IBA's requirements, if participants wish to liaise with the IBA to have their NI1600 ride lodged and recognised, the Organisers can offer the route in an IBA format and will be happy to verify a participant's application. This may require the addition of extra photo stops or the use of a GPS Track Log to prove the full distance was ridden.