The North Island 800
Next event: #6 -- 9 October 2021
- Ride at least 800km in 12 hours
- Held on the same weekend as the North Island 1,600 (9-10 October 2021)
- Starting and finishing from Event HQ at the Turangi Kiwi Holiday Park
- 800km minimum distance
- Route announced at 7:00pm on Friday 8 October. This event is not just a “day ride”. Participants will be encouraged to attend the Friday night route announcement and then take time planning their ride prior to starting. Riders should plan for two nights’ accommodation at or near Turangi.
- Pillions allowed
- The entry fee is $50.00 for a rider and $50.00 for a pillion.
- Closing date for entries: Friday 27 August 2021
- Start from 10:00am on the Saturday. Complete within 12 hours of your official start time.
- Restricted Class 6 licenses allowed (ride should be able to be completed before the NZTA restricted license curfew)
- Photo checkpoints only
- Dinner available for riders and pillions on completion (cost is included in the Entry Fee)
- Metal badge and certificate for completing riders and pillions
- Event T-shirts are available for $25.00
- Sealed roads only
- Pre-start scrutineering, and all bikes must have current registration and WOF
T Shirts are available in a Lady's fit as well as Men's. We use a Biz-Collection ICE-TEE option T-shirt each year, these are very durable, long lasting T-Shirts.